Thursday, August 4, 2011

Living in a world where dreaming is a cliche'

I've heard that every young person comes to a "crossroad" in their lives at one point or another. A crucial point, a point at which we must make decisions. I think I may be at one of these crucial points, but I have little to choose from. Or too much, I can't decide. I find myself thinking of all the things I would like to do and not doing one thing to help my goal. My days consist of waking up at 1 or 2pm, drinking an obscene amount of coffee,  getting dressed up to go next to nowhere, sitting and chatting with good friends for a few hours, and hitting the sack around 5am. This is not the life I am used to, and I can't decide whether this is freedom or torture. 
 I have a college degree, I have worked an 8-5 cubicle job with little creative outlet, and the money wasn't great but at least there was money. Now I have no source of income besides my conversations, no form of fulfillment besides the people around me, this can't be healthy but I can't help but love it. I have never lived without my bathroom being stocked with $600 worth of Big Sexy Hair  products, my nails done every 2 weeks, a tanning package and a gym schedule. Now my regimen is next to nothing (well, I still have an obscene amount of makeup and skyscraper heels) but I am living more simply than I ever have. I know I can't keep this up forever, but for now? I am living off conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment