Thursday, October 11, 2012

The lazy fashionista

Fall is my favorite time of year for fashion, and it's so obvious why! The weather is cool enough to layer, not cold enough for a full on parka, scarves boots and pea-coats are back, and every neutral color is in full swing (which, if you know me, you know I LIVE in neutrals). However there is a sad, dangerous half of fall fashion. Yes my dear readers, many have the temptation to throw on sweat pants and hoodies and *shudder* ugg boots every day. I admit, I am guilty, I hate myself for it. But for those of us who are super lazy and want to be bundled up in a mess of sweat shirt material all day, fear not! I am the laziest of them all, but I have learned how to disguise it.

When it comes to clothes, although sweats seem like a good idea, let me give you some just as easy-just as lazy alternatives.

1. Leggings, Leggings, Leggings!
My Staple for fall wear. They feel like pj's, they match everything, you can wear flats, boots, whatever you want with them. Get a couple pairs of black leggings and you will feel like you are running errands in sweats, but look a heckofalot better!
See; THIS
Is just as easy and comfortable as throwing yourself into an outfit that only basketball players should be seen in. 

2.Scarves
Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but when fall comes around and my skin doesn't see the sun as much, my foundation is a little too dark and my neck doesn't match as well, ugh! However, if you don't want to take the time to dust bronzer on your neck (and I KNOW no one who is reading this would ever DREAM of getting in a human microwave known as a tanning bed...) just throw a scarf over your neck and voila! A gorgeous, fun, cozy accessory that covers how you woke up 30 minutes late. 
Another great use for a scarf;you can throw your hair into a messy bun and look totally chic with a big cozy accessory around your neck, and it looks more deliberate than one of those ugly-as-hell athletic headbands girls insist on wearing. 

3. Boots
Boots are one of my favorite things on this entire planet!!! If you know me, you know I wear them all year round, appropriate or not. I don't care if it's 104 outside, I'll be rockin boots. Accept it. Fall comes around and it's finally ok to wear them day after day! Pair with black leggings or skinny jeans, and you look put together and cozy. PLUS you can wear ridiculous warm socks underneath them and no one will know! Flat boots are super comfortable and warm for every day, and boots with a heel are my favorite, and for those of you who don't wear heels often, are way easier to walk in.

Hair&Makeup for the lazy  
Lucky for all of us late risers, natural hair texture is super trendy right now! And thank goodness, in the summer my hair melts and gets frizzy, but in the fall, as long as you condition, you can just sleep on it and go! Or sleep in braids. Also, like mentioned before, pair a usually-unflattering messy bun with a fabulous scarf and you're golden! Hats are another friend to the lazy-fall-fashionista! Make sure you try on a hat before purchasing it, and have a friend show you a picture of all angles so you don't look like you were just throwing it on (even if you were)

Makeup can be a little heavier this time of year (yay!) but it doesn't have to be. No time to do your face? Slap on some mascara and a dark lip color and you look *fabulous* with basically NO effort. Dark lip colors are popular in the fall, and can make your face look deliberate, instead of lazy. 

Hoodies
I know, I know, hoodies are given a bad rap. But I still live for them! However, be careful how you wear them so you don't look like a teenage girl (even if you are, come on, you're better than that!)
Go for a hoodie with a good fit, bigger & longer with leggings, tighter and more t-shirt like with jeans. PLEASE do not put ugg boots with either of these. It just makes me sad.

Maxi Skirts/Dresses
Obviously when fall rolls around, I refuse to shave my legs every day, rub bronzer on them, or anything that takes time that I had to do all summer. I LOVE maxi dresses for this reason! First of all, it feels like you're wearing a tent, secondly, they look chic, if plain and (obviously) in a neutral color.
This is also JUST AS EASY as sweats! Actually, It's EASIER because it's ONE piece of clothing! *also notice the lazy girl's hat!* This took 5 minutes, I promise.

If your as lazy as I am, you give yourself about 10 minutes to get ready for the day. Make good choices, people! Fall is the BEST time of year for fashion, don't abuse it!

No comments:

Post a Comment