Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Well....here it is folks!


I haven’t been single since I was 18 (and I’m 22). I mean, not really. I thought I had found the love of my life, not once, but twice. They ran so closely together (literally, like a week) that I didn’t give myself any time to learn how to stand on my own 2 feet (stupid of me, I know). Now for the first time in my adult life I am completely unattached and it’s a huge change. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t scary. I have always thought of myself as strong and independent, but the truth is I was strong on somebody else’s arm. It’s so hard not to have anyone to say goodnight to, or to make plans with, or to say I love you to. And the worst part is that I have never learned how to have my heart-broken so when the guy I loved so much (was practically ready to marry) decides it’s over out of nowhere, without warning, and moves on like a normal person does, it’s hard for me to understand.
But the best revenge I can think of is to be stronger than I ever thought I could be.
I am still going to go the places we used to go together, I am still going to talk to our mutual friends, I’m finally going to learn exactly who I am and I’m going to be pleasantly surprised at how powerful  I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment